Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Life Insurance Lingo

I had the opportunity a week ago today, to attend a PFSU class (Primerica Financial Services University). It was two days of learning nothing more than the life insurance concepts that we must have the knowledge of, before we can sell the products and become fully licensed agents of Primerica. I did not know there was so much information about life insurance, and while it was overwhelming at first, I began to get a grasp of the concepts rather quickly. Since I am a visual learner, I found myself very attentive to the “Sesame Street School of Insurance” method that we were taught, with picture diagrams, charts, and written illustrations. That I could relate to, as opposed to just reading the manual. We must know such things as, completing the application, underwriting, and delivering the policy, the types of life policies, life policy provisions, riders, and options, taxes, retirement, Idaho statutes, rules and regulations common to all lines, and other insurance concepts. I have exactly one week from today, to continue my study of these concepts, before I am tested on the material I have learned. My mind is experiencing an overload, but as always, the stress will pass, and I will be more intelligent because of it. I am excited to see where this new level of knowledge will take me.

No comments: