Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The "Holladay" Inn

It’s been a joke just recently, that our home will be known as the “Holladay” Inn…at least for the time being. My youngest sister and her boyfriend have just moved here from Portland, Oregon and are living with us while they start their new jobs, develop a steady stream of income, and find an apartment of reasonable living standards. Also, my cousin and his wife will be moving here from Salt Lake City, Utah to continue their growth and prosperity in Primerica, while helping us build the business alongside of them. So, in essence, they too, need a place to live while they find a house of their own. Now, as it may seem we are taking people into our home, as they come, it unfortunately is not an invitation for anyone else, as there is no longer any more room at the Inn. Of course, I’m just being facetious when I say that, so there is no serious intent regarding this, but logically you can see why. It was just a few short months ago, when I said to my husband these exact words: “You know hun, it would be nice if we had more people stay with us.” “It just doesn’t seem like we ever have company over, nor do we ever have guests stay in our guest bedroom, of which I’ve decorated for that main purpose.” I’m not sure if I should be kicking myself for saying that, or if I should be glad my wish came true. It’s definitely going to be an adjustment for all of us, but all in all, I believe everything in this unique situation will turn out just fine, and I’m grateful that we can help out our family in their times of need. That is all that matters the most.

No comments: