Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Falling Short

Yesterday, I experienced moments of excitement, anxiety, and despair as I took the life insurance exam for Primerica. It’s weird that you can feel all of those emotions at the same time, and still remain calm and collected…to some degree. After passing my practice/simulator exams with flying colors, I went to the testing center with confidence that I would pass the exam without too much trouble. However, when I began to answer the first question on the computer screen, and it was taking me much longer to answer than I anticipated, I began to worry. I still had 90 questions remaining, and I was restless, and getting nervous. After about an hour and a half, I finished the exam, and was still feeling optimistic, even though it seemed difficult. I waited for the results, and got both good and bad news. The good news: I passed the law portion of my exam, so I will not need to retake that part of the exam again. The bad news: I needed a 70% to pass the general portion consisting of life polices, but only got a 67%. So, unfortunately, I will have to retake the general portion over again in about 1 week from today. I wanted to cry after it was all over, since I felt so prepared upon taking the exam, but I had to look at the bright side of it all. At least I passed one section, and I will know what to expect the next time I take the test. I have been told that many people who work for Primerica don’t actually pass the exam the first time they take it. So, I have felt a little relief just knowing that.

No comments: