Friday, July 11, 2008

Jumbled Thoughts

My recent job search has been delayed for awhile, as it seems my mind has been filled with many other distractions, relating to this, that, and the other thing. Just a few days ago, I learned that there are some complications with my husband joining the company, Primerica Financial Services, of which he worked previously over a year ago. To make a long story short, my husband did not like the training or management style at the office he worked out of before, so he has practically been begging and pleading to be transferred to another office, so he can make the business work for him once and for all! However, under the standards/policies set forth in Primerica, he cannot just transfer to another office, but can be networked into another office. This is so that his previous Regional Vice President can still receive a percentage of his sales earned. Unless he signs a letter of resignation to quit Primerica, he will have to remain a part of that office. If he does decide to do this, he will have to wait at least nine months before he can join with another office. So, with the matters the way they are, I have decided to jump into the business myself, to help my husband get through this waiting period. That way, I can get signed up with the office he is trying to get into right now, and he can join in the near future. I don’t know if I made any sense trying to explain this, but it’s been nothing but complicated from the start. I guess this means I have found another job that will allow me to broaden my horizons, and develop more confidence in myself. I’m actually thinking I will enjoy this, as it will be a great learning experience and growth opportunity for me. Aside from all of that, I do feel a sense of urgency to get a business of my own started in the way of greeting cards and rubber stamp designs. I know it will be a big investment; I just need the funds to produce. I am also taking on projects at home, re-decorating our spare bedrooms, and formulating the plans for each one. I have many ideas, just not the time or money to get the results as quickly as I would like. But, I feel each one will pay off greatly in the end. As I ponder these thoughts, I can only bring myself to say that patience is the key to all of this. I know that I am somebody who gets anxious easily for the end result, so I must continue to work hard, work smart, and most importantly, work patiently. I will continue to update on this, as soon as I get my feet wet and start experiencing the business of financial services for myself. So, goodbye for now!

No comments: