Thursday, October 9, 2008

Awaiting the Holidays and Beyond

It seems we are approaching the holidays quickly this year, but what can I say? Isn’t that the case every year? As we make the transition into the bitter, cold of winter, there will be lots of hot chocolate and spiced apple cider shared. At least that will be so at our house. The space heaters will be coming out of the closet now, and I just put on my first turtleneck sweater, since February. Can you believe it was 70 degrees last week, and we are now dropping down to a high of 50 degrees? So, with the planning of family gatherings, the food, the gifts to be exchanged, and might I say…the added amount of pressure to beat the holiday rush, it is still a special time of year indeed. I know, we haven’t even gotten past Halloween yet, but my thoughts are overrun with excitement. Soon, we will be indulging in the ever so longed for, Thanksgiving feast, where we will give thanks and share in each other’s company. Following that, we’ll share in the joy of the Christmas season, and remember our Savior, Jesus Christ and the many blessings that are bestowed upon us each and every day. I’m thankful for the love, life, and laughter that is, family, and the ways in which we can reach out with helping hands to those in need. While I have had these thoughts on my mind, I can’t help but drift towards the present and what we have going on in our lives right now. As the building blocks of our Primerica business continue to mold the future that lies ahead of us, I stop and think about the many ways in which we will be able to truly give back to those we love and care about. Our future is looking bright, and I’m grateful for our business and the partnership that I share with my husband. We have a goal to work very hard, and stay persistent to further reach the aspirations we have a desire to achieve. There are just a few short months, before year’s end, and while I’m looking forward to the holidays, I’m also looking ahead to a new year and a new beginning.

No comments: