Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Waiting...and Wondering

I find it amazing that a person can develop so much patience to endure long periods of loneliness and extreme hunger. It certainly takes a special person to mask such a trait, and I, for one, have a difficult time managing either of those things at the moment. I bring up this point, because I’m finding myself in that situation. But, this should be no cause for alarm…to those of you reading this. I am fine. This all started, because my husband decided to take a different job with a security company called APX Alarm. That would mean we would have to move to California for the summer, so he could further develop his sales skills, and sell alarms for the folks here. I think it’s a great idea, as I know it can be a great experience for both of us…in a roundabout sort of way. So, we have arrived here in sunny, Costa Mesa, California. It’s quite lovely here, where the palm trees tower over buildings and the grass is greener. Our apartment complex is a site to see as well, which could be compared to resort-style living. I can’t complain. We decided upon arriving here, that we would start a detoxification, since we’ve been planning it for awhile now. But, just to clarify…it’s not a diet, but rather a wellness program to eliminate all toxins from the body. We thought this would be a great way to avoid having to buy a lot of groceries for our first week here. Two days ago, it was nothing but fresh fruits, vegetables, and two quarts of distilled water, along with fiber, cleanse, and detox capsules. As for the next three days, it is just those same capsules, with two quarts of distilled water mixed with fresh lemon juice and pure maple syrup. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to withstand. To top that off, I’m without a current job, to fill the many hours I have by myself in a day. So, with a drastic alteration to the everyday, familiar routine I had to leave back home, I can officially say…I’m bored and hungry.
Shall the job search continue?
…most definitely.
What about the Detoxification?
…not much longer.

2 comments:

Caglefamily said...

hang in there! I haven't gotten the Personal progress yet, I have been so sick. I went to the doctor and they put me on antibiotic and other meds so hopefully I will start feeling better soon. I will get it as soon as I feel alive again. I also emailed my friend, so if she doesn't live too far away hopefully you can hang with her a little bit. take care girl, Love ya!

Amber Horspool said...

Hey Ashley, I'm Addy's friend Amber who lives here in Cali! We'll have to hang out at the beach sometime. We live out in Yucaipa, which is about 40 min. from where you are, so not too far.
We're actually going to Crescent Bay tomorrow for my sis. in law's birthday. We go out there quite a bit during the summer too, so we'll have to hook up:)
(909) 797-8113