Thursday, April 24, 2008

Then Came Heaven

While searching for my next big break...or in other words, proposed job opportunity, I stumbled upon a 99 cents Only store. Since it was just next door to the much hoped for job opening and after scheduling an interview, I decided to go in and grab just a couple items that we just happened to need...dishtowels and push-pins. But, this was no ordinary 99 cents store. It was priceless in every way that mattered. Back home in Idaho, we have stores like this called Honk's 99 cents and the Dollar Tree, but nothing as amazing as this 99 cents Only store.Call me crazy, but I have never spent over an hour in a store like this before in all my life...that I can recall. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Imagine this...a dollar store with everything you could possibly ever need, plus produce and grocery items! The store was so huge, it seemed endless. So, needless to say, I walked out of there with a little more than I bargained for. It was a fun shopping experience to say the least. Oh yes, and just a little side note: I was unexpectedly surprised by one thing...they didn't have push-pins among the thousands and thousands of items they actually did carry. So, the attempt to find push-pins will have to continue someplace else.

No comments: