Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cabin Photos and Fun

You may recall from my last post that I do have a few more photos to share, so I’ve decided to include some random ones in this post. About three weeks ago, we headed up to the family’s cabin for a weekend of fun and relaxation, and I might add, it was the perfect way to end a nice Memorial Day weekend. From the moment we arrived, it wasn’t two minutes later, that our niece and nephews Rayney, Dagan, Corban, and Lincoln wanted to go outside and play. Since everyone else seemed to be enthralled with the TV, I decided to see if I could entertain them in some way. As we headed outside, I had the thought to do a mini photo session, and have the kids pose in different ways for the camera. They delighted in this for about thirty minutes, and then moved on to other activities like picking clover, playing Duck, Duck, Goose and throwing rocks into the little pool of water created by the recent snow melt in the driveway. When we got back inside Corban starting telling stories of the snowy mountains, the wolves, and the giant rabbits that were going to come and eat us. He went on to say that we should hide, so they won’t get us. One of the funniest moments at the cabin, was when Corban came to Grandpa Doug holding a can of chili, asking if Grandpa could make him some. Then Grandpa Doug started making fun of the way Corban said the word chili. It really did sound like he was saying the word cherry. Corban proceeded to try and say it the right way, but he was having no luck, and Grandpa just kept teasing him. We all had a few good laughs, as those kids bring a lot of joy to our lives. I’m grateful for them, and while they can be a handful, it has me longing for my own kids someday. Aside from the mosquitoes that were eating us all alive, while taking a nice stroll down by the lake as a family, it was a very nice weekend. Not to mention, it was very relaxing with a few nice meals prepared by my mother and sister-in-law. Overall, I think everyone enjoyed the trip there, and it was definitely nice to be together as one big family.


Dagan in his boat, rowing through the water


Rayney took a photo of us on the lookout


Getting ready to steer the boat

This one is my favorite...Lincoln really is a natural poser for pictures






No comments: